Ultravation News and Information Center

Ultravation, Inc. receives Employer of the Year Award from VocRehab Vermont / VABIR

Left: Jim Russell, Production Supervisor Right: Wayne Snow, Production Manager

Ultravation, Inc., specialists in indoor air quality improvement technology, was named Employer of the Year by the Vermont Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (VocRehab Vermont) and The Vermont Association of Business, Industry and Rehabilitation (VABIR) at the annual Employer Recognition Breakfast held April 20, 2010, at the South Station, in Rutland, Vermont. The Employer of the Year award was presented to Ultravation for their exceptional support of the employment of Vermonters with disabilities. It was accepted for Ultravation, by Wayne Snow, Production Manager and Jim Russell, Production Supervisor.

Ultravation has been involved with VocRehab Vermont and VABIR for 5 years. The company is committed to diversity in the workplace and to promoting opportunities for those with disabilities to succeed in the community. Ultravation assists these organizations by providing a location for VocRehab to evaluate disabled individuals trying to enter the workforce and work opportunities for high school students to come in and shadow Ultravation employees – gaining real life work experience through a supervised work program. This past year, Ultravation was awarded the Director’s Employer Award in recognition of their outstanding recruitment efforts, for providing reasonable accommodations for those employed with disabilities, and the support of hiring people with disabilities throughout the employer community.

Wayne Snow, on behalf of Ultravation, Inc., accepts the Employer of the Year Award from Gary Jaquith, of VocRehab Vermont.

The mission of the Vermont’s Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (vocrehab.vermont.gov/) is to enable people with disabilities, who want to work, to find meaningful employment. The Vermont Association of Business, Industry and Rehabilitation (vabir.org) is Vermont’s liaison between private sector employment and skilled workers with disabilities. “We’re proud to be working with these organizations and contribute to the work they do to connect disabled individuals with employers looking for skilled employees” said Scott Russell, President and Co-Founder of Ultravation, Inc. “We have two full time employees in our organization with disabilities and we appreciate the skill and talent they bring to our company.”

Ultravation, Inc. (ultravation.com) has been engineering and manufacturing equipment that addresses the growing problem of indoor air pollution from both particulate and biological / organic sources since 2000. Their products use advanced systems for the application of ultraviolet light to reduce airborne pathogens, mold and other allergens passing through and generated within residential and commercial HVAC systems, as well as hypo allergenic filtration and odor reduction. They hold several patents for their innovative designs and are noted for developing integrated solutions for IAQ improvement. Their corporate offices and manufacturing are located in Poultney, Vermont.

For additional information on how you can become involved with the work of VocRehab Vermont, contact 1-866-VRWORKS. For more information on VABIR, contact 800-639-2909. For additional information on any of Ultravation’s indoor air quality products for home and commercial use, visit ultravation.com or call toll free: 1-866-468-8247.

For questions regarding this press release, contact Wayne Snow at 866-468-8247, wsnow@ultravation.com

Click here to download a PDF document of this Press Release. To download high resolution files of the above two images, click here.